A refrigerator is a very quiet electronic appliance and it doesn’t require much maintenance. If you observe any unusual noise from your refrigerator then it means that something is wrong with your appliance. However, it is not necessary that you should replace or repair your Haier refrigerator in every case. In fact, it all depends on what is causing that noise. Check the following details to know the causes for noise made by the refrigerator.
- Buzzing Sound: You will generally hear this buzzing sound when the compressor is in running state i.e. it happens at the beginning and end of a cooling cycle. Don’t panick on hearing this noise as it is quite normal. This noise generally does not last for more than 7 to 10 seconds.
- Bubbling Sound: This bubbling sound is also quite normal. Besides, you will observe this kind of noise from your refrigerator when the refrigerant gas moves through the pipes inside it.
- Popping and Cracking Sound: This cracking and popping sound is also normal. This type of sound generally occurs when its interior components expand or contract when the temperature is reset.
- Beeping Sound: Beeping sound generally happens when something is preventing your freezer door from closing. Check whether your refrigerator door rubber seal are in good condition or not. If you find them dirty then you should clean them properly to make your refrigerator door close properly. Avoid using harsh detergents as they may cause more damage to the refrigerator rubber seals.
- Rattling Sound: It is generally the mechanical problems which cause rattling sound. Some of the mechanical problems, which cause humming can be due to excess build-up of dirt and dust on the condenser fan, loose drain-pan and defrost timer problem. Hence, you should make sure that you clean the fan blades of your refrigerator’s condenser regularly to prevent such rattling sounds. If the clattering sound is due to the problem with defrost timer then it has to be replaced with a new one. Jangling noise may also occur when the dishes inside your LG refrigerator vibrate because of the running compressor fan.
- Snapping Sound: Snapping sound generally occur when you remove the glass from your refrigerator dispenser. This type of sound is quite normal and you need not worry about it.
- Click Noise: This type of clatter is also quite normal. Ice maker generally makes click noise when it fills up with water. However, this noise will not last for a long time. However, if you hear this noise for a long time then it means that something is wrong with your icemaker.
If you are using your refrigerator from past 10 to 15 years then it is quite common to hear rattling sounds from it. In that case it is better to replace your old refrigerator with a new energy efficient Whirlpool model to save money in the long run. If you have purchased your refrigerator one or two years back and observing this kind of rattling sounds then it is better to go for a repair. If you want to buy a new refrigerator then do check the popular brands. Use the different price comparison search engines online to find the best refrigerator deals.